First and foremost, we hope that each of you is in good health. We do understand that there is a lot of uncertainty nowadays and that you have questions regarding your club, subscription and when we will be able to open again. For this moment it is uncertain when we can open. As for the other questions, we will address them in this message. In the meantime we are doing everything we can to provide you with a healthy lifestyle during the corona crisis and hope to continue to do so for the time ahead. We have done our utmost to come up with suitable compensation options which we can implement in order to accommodate our members and guarantee that both clubs can reopen again as soon as permitted.
Compensation We are offering you one of the following options: 1. Regardless of whether we can reopen our doors on April 6th, June 1st or any date in between: We offer you a membership voucher with a credit of €155 (3 months of training, including free registration!) that you can give as a gift to a gym buddy. You hereby are not only supporting your club but also motivate somebody else to become healthy and stay fit! OR 2. You can choose to receive your missed training period, free of charge, at the end of your membership end date as stated in your contract. We will prolonge your membership with the number of days that you have not been able to visit the gym. This period shall be counted as of Monday March 16th until we can reopen our doors again. Unfortunately, we cannot predict in advance how long this period will be.
Direct debit for installment payments The direct debit for the installment payments will continue to run for direct debit subscriptions for which the contract period has not yet ended.
Monthly cancellable subscriptions If you have a monthly cancellable subscription, you have the choice between using one of the options offered above or cancelling your subscription immediately. Please read below under FAQ whether this is the most advantageous option for you.
To be able to answer your frequently asked questions directly, please refer to the attached FAQ form. For your rights as a consumer during this crisis, please refer to Consuwijzer: https://www.consuwijzer.nl/nieuws/uw-consumentenrechten-bij-het-coronavirus. Consuwijzer indicates that it is wise to accept compensation options offered.
We wish you all the best in these unforeseen times and hope to see you soon. We therefore implore you to be careful, take good care of each other and help each other wherever possible. Kind regards, The Rhythmsports Team
FAQ: 1. What are the conditions of the membership voucher worth € 155? The subscription gift comes in the form of a 3 months subscription (including registration costs and costs for the membership card) that you can give away. You can give it to someone of your choice, who has not been a Rhythmsports member in 2020. Your own subscription must be continued and you must have a valid subscription at the time when your guest uses the voucher.
2. What happens if I cannot pay my installment amount? Direct Pay gives you 45 days free of charge to pay for your membership. They will remind you of this by email or text message. After this period of time, reminder/collection costs will be charged. If the period of 45 days is not enough, you can contact Direct Pay to make a free of charge payment arrangement or to request a postponement. For more questions about costs and arrangements, we politely ask you to contact Directpay via +31 (0)88 900 6666 of https://directpay.nl/contact/
3. I have a direct debit subscription and I am still within my contract period, what are my options? If you choose option 1, everything will continue as agreed. If you choose option 2, you will receive the missed period on your membership card as soon as your term has expired. This will be free of charge.
4. I have a direct debit subscription and my membership can be canceled monthly, what are my options? If you choose option 1, everything will continue as agreed. If you choose option 2, you will receive the missed period on your membership card when we open. This will be free of charge. You can also choose to terminate your membership immediately by sending an email to email@example.com. Please keep in mind that if you cancel your membership and want to enroll again later, you will pay an enrollment fee of € 30. If you intend to continue exercising with us after the crisis, it is therefore advantageous not to cancel your membership. You will again pay a registration fee of €30 and you will lose the flexibility of a monthly subscription that can be canceled. 5. I have prepaid my membership (1, 3 or 12 months), what are my options? If you choose option 1, everything will continue as agreed. If you choose option 2, you will receive the missed period on your membership card from the day we open our doors again or, when your membership is still valid, immediately after your membership has expired. This will be free of charge.
6. Do I pay registration fees if I want to register again after canceling my subscription? Do keep in mind that if you cancel your membership and want to enroll again later, you will pay an enrollment fee of €30. Therefore, if you intend to continue exercising with us after the crisis, it is advantageous not to cancel your membership. You will again pay a registration fee of €30 and you will lose the flexibility of a monthly subscription that can be canceled.
7. Normally I can only cancel my subscription at the reception, how can I do this now that you are closed? We temporarily – that is until the reopening of our doors – offer you the possibility to cancel your membership by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Why do the collections continue while you are closed and I cannot use the gym? All our subscriptions must be paid in advance. It is an option for annual subscriptions to pay monthly, in 12 installments, by direct debit. These installments always continue, also in case of illness, pregnancy and in case of force majeure. However, in these cases the duration of the membership will be extended by the duration of the specific situation. Thus, the subscription can be utilized completely. The payment obligations for a membership never expire.
9. What happens if I revoke my installment or do not pay? Your payment obligations do not expire if and as long as you are still in your contract period. Direct Pay collects the membership fees. Direct Pay will charge collection costs if you are late with payments. Please see above under 2. for more information. If you insist refusing to pay, ultimately a judge will decide on the matter. For your rights as a consumer during this crisis, please refer to Consuwijzer: https://www.consuwijzer.nl/nieuws/uw-consumentenrechten-bij-het-coronavirus. Consuwijzer indicates that it is wise to accept compensation options offered.
10. Other gyms take different measures and offer something different. Why is it different with you? We do not know the policies and rules of other gyms. We do try to make an attractive or at least arrangement for all parties here. We are convinced that we offer a fair proposal with the arrangements offered and that we will be able to continue to offer you the very best after the crisis.
11. I want my money back, as this contract is broken. You don’t provide the services I paid for. It is stated in our membership contracts that we will offer our services for a specific and pre-agreed price and period. We are keeping this agreement. Whether you have paid for 1, 3 or 12 months or you are still paying for your membership in installments, we ensure that you can use our facility for exactly the number of months. Therefore there is no breach of contract here. The temporary closure during this time of crisis is very exceptional and without any precedent. The closure is entirely beyond our control, as it is a forced measure imposed by the government. During this closure we are obliged to keep our payment obligations towards our contracted parties. We are concerned and definitely should try to continue as much of our business operations as possible in order to make sure we can provide you with the level of service you are used to and expect us to. It is a force majeure that you cannot use or facilities right now, a circumstance that we with the offered options for compensation are trying to make up for in the best possible way we can.
12. How do I know that you can open and if you can? We do hope that we can open on April 6th, possibly with some adjusted rules. We do however take into account that the date of opening will be on June 1st, due to the extra rules and measurements the government announced on Monday March 23rd. Of course you will be the very first to learn the exact date of our re-opening. We will communicate with you through /by mailing, newsletters and social media.